ROOF BOX HIRE INFORMATION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We take full payment at point of booking via credit/debit card. Please bring a form of identification when collecting your hire products (e.g. driving license).
- Cancellations with more than 7 days notice will receive a full refund. However, if a booking is cancelled less than 7 days before the collection date, no refund can be given.
- Please be aware of the increased height of your vehicle, and damage or loss must be paid for in full. The charges are as follows:
(a) Superficial damage – such as scrapes caused by car park barriers: £100.
(b) Structural damage – such as cracking/smashing a box: Retail price of box plus the hire cost for the box alone (i.e. not including any charge for roof bars).
Current retail price of roof boxes:
400 Litre: Force XT (M) – £464.
500 Litre: Force XT (XL) – £524.
600 Litre: Motion 900 XT (XXL) – £859.
It is advisable to check with your insurance company that goods are covered before travelling.
- Check the box/bars are securely fixed at regular intervals during your journey, as we cannot be responsible for the security of the equipment once it has left our premises.
- If the key is not turning easily in the lock do not force it, similar to a suitcase the lid needs to be aligned flush with the base in order to lock/unlock smoothly. Therefore if you feel resistance when turning the lock, either (a) hold the lid down flush to the base, usually it’s apparent that it’s not flush at either the front or rear (push the lid down towards the front or rear accordingly) and then try turning the key (b) re-arrange the load inside the box and make sure nothing is obstructing the lid from fully closing.
- Broke or bent keys will have to be paid for (£10 per key) when you return.
- To get the best use of the roof box pack it with soft bags and lightweight items wherever possible.
- Please do not remove the box or roof bars from the car yourself.